Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132
914werke
aktion035.gif
PanelBilly
I’m game. The 914 has been sitting still too longs
rjames
I’m in if I can get my car off jacks stands in time. Replacing the front suspension, but it’s been too cold to work in the garage.
KELTY360
Sounds like there’s some interest, so I’ll continue to look at the possibilities. I’m thinking the weekend of 9/14/24 would be ideal. September weather is great up here and it’s after Labor Day so most of the tourists will be gone, leaving us some nice driving. It will also be just after the 10th anniversary of Nord’s passing so we could commemorate that too. I’ll start a separate thread when there’s more info.
scallyk9
I'd love to participate and explore the Port Townsend area. Maybe bring the Bumblebee!
Root_Werks
Sign me up! Michelle and I will be there.

driving.gif
sportlicherFahrer
In as well! Sounds like a great time.
pete-stevers
I would be down for the Saturday part of the event! biggrin.gif
PanelBilly
The regional PCA magazine (Spiel) will be doing a special edition highlighting the 914. I’ve been asked to gather some folks who have interesting cars and stories. If you’re willing to be part of it let me know. They are especially looking for out of the box cars.
914werke
Out of the box? meaning OE or modded cars?
PanelBilly
They have several OE cars so modified is what they are looking for. I already told them they needed to include Rich as his business is based on the 914. Free advertising for you
914werke
wub.gif
PanelBilly
Who’s up for a breakfast meet this Saturday? North or south depending on who can make it. Long term forecast says cold but dry.
scallyk9
I'm up for a breakfast meetup this Saturday, especially destinations south.
PanelBilly
Looks like it might be just the two of us. How about we meet at Griots at 8:30?
scallyk9
Sounds good. Forecast is cold but no rain! It is a Caffeine & Gasoline day at Griot's with the theme of Builder Cars.
PanelBilly
Just saw that there's a cars and coffee on Steamboat Island near Olympia at 9:00 tomorrow. Would you like to meet there. Looks like 40 people have already said they were going
scallyk9
That would be fun but I need to talk to Guy at Griot's about our upcoming event with a few other OPR folks who will also be there. Club business. Sorry.
sportlicherFahrer
Saw a Bahia Red or Tangerine teener down in Georgetown around noon. Anyone know who? Looked like a pretty straight car with old WA plates(white and green) as collector plates.
Root_Werks
Wasn't me, although I was in Seattle yesterday with the 914. Hauled my Bug transmission to Bainbridge to have some work done. First time this year the 914 has been off the island.

sixnotfour
Holy shift shaft.. paint hazard..
LefthandRev
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 7 2024, 03:44 PM) *

Wasn't me, although I was in Seattle yesterday with the 914. Hauled my Bug transmission to Bainbridge to have some work done. First time this year the 914 has been off the island.

Is your car color Ancona Blue? I had a '75 in Ancona (it's now carbon-ash black after fuel line problem).
PanelBilly
We’ve got to plan another gathering. I’ll be at Bellevue Porsche tomorrow for their c&c. Starts at 9:00. Free freshly made donuts, coffee bar and breakfast sandwiches. They spend a ton of $ on these events and the GM loves 914s
scallyk9
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 13 2024, 09:26 AM) *

We’ve got to plan another gathering. I’ll be at Bellevue Porsche tomorrow for their c&c. Starts at 9:00. Free freshly made donuts, coffee bar and breakfast sandwiches. They spend a ton of $ on these events and the GM loves 914s

Wonderful idea! I couldn't make the trip to Bellevue Porsche today but will get to one eventually.
Bruce Hinds
I just saw that there will be 3 teeners coming up for acution at Stokes in Port Orchard. They said it will be the may or june auction, depends on paperwork from an estate. There's one with 5 bolt wheels, a 70 or 71 no engine. I didn't check the vin or engine mount to see if it had been an original 6. There a big bumper car with the 4 bolt Fuchs and a '74. None are nice. Anyone interested, let me know I can run by and snap some photos.
Bruce
eddie914
Hello!

Anyone want to go to the track? Pacific? The Ridge?

Cheers, Eddie 914
eddie914
My account is a "Newbie" ... I wish I was ... Maybe Rusty (the Admin) can can make my old body 20 years younger ... just like my account!
914werke
Whos this Eddie character?
sixnotfour
QUOTE(914werke @ May 7 2024, 10:40 AM) *

Whos this Eddie character?

914/guy on the left..
rhodyguy
Road to Mt Hood?
Root_Werks
I think that was to Mt Hood? I remember the drive, I can see Michelle and I in the steel-top.
sixnotfour
yup ,and Im making a gap for Eddie.. white six..

TC 914-8
Hey Dan, just checking in, haven’t seen you in 10+ years. Hope all is well
TC 914-8
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 8 2024, 11:05 AM) *

Road to Mt Hood?

Think that was WCR 08 or Panel Billy’s 9/14 get together
TC 914-8

Hey Dan, just checking in, haven’t seen you in 10+ years. Hope all is well, I’m thinking a WCR 08 reunion is in order. I still have the same 914 with the front flairs you put on first.gif Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
This Saturday is Porsche day at Griot’s and a group of us will be there to talk about our 914 adventures because there’s going to be a special issue coming out in the Spiel. (am I the king of run-on sentences?). They’ll be taking some photos and having a big group of cars would be better.
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 27 2024, 05:11 PM) *

This Saturday is Porsche day at Griot’s and a group of us will be there to talk about our 914 adventures because there’s going to be a special issue coming out in the Spiel. (am I the king of run-on sentences?). They’ll be taking some photos and having a big group of cars would be better.

The key for those attending is to BE EARLY. Lot will likely be filling up at 7am. Porsche day at Griot's usually draws a HUGE crowd. We'll be there early with ours. A reminder that a local shirt printer will be there with one off shirts for the event. Group6ix turns out some great art!

IPB Image
PanelBilly
Saturday is also German car day at Redmond Town Center. I’d rather see the Porsches come to Griots.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ May 21 2024, 08:44 PM) *

Hey Dan, just checking in, haven’t seen you in 10+ years. Hope all is well, I’m thinking a WCR 08 reunion is in order. I still have the same 914 with the front flairs you put on first.gif Click to view attachment

Hey T.C. ! bye1.gif

Michelle and I finally moved back to the mainland (Anacortes) and hoping to attend more local events. I'm sure we'll see you around.

Griots sounds like fun, being there by 7AM is a bit early. I'll check the weather and see if I want to take the 914 out or not.

driving.gif
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ May 29 2024, 09:06 AM) *

Michelle and I finally moved back to the mainland (Anacortes) and hoping to attend more local events. I'm sure we'll see you around.

Griots sounds like fun, being there by 7AM is a bit early. I'll check the weather and see if I want to take the 914 out or not.

driving.gif

It'd be great to see you Dan! Would love to see the latest -6. The event at Griot's runs until 10, and usually starts thinning out a little after 9 so there's still time if you do head south. It just gets packed around the 8-9 timeframe. Could also go for lunch afterwards with anybody else interested.
EvilOlderBrother
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ May 29 2024, 11:06 AM) *

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ May 21 2024, 08:44 PM) *

Hey T.C. ! bye1.gif

driving.gif

Having just moved to Anacortes with my "tail dragger" would love to get together with you and meet the guys. Possibly even get Billy to drive up and see our new home.
PanelBilly
This Sunday is cars & Coffee at Bellevue Porsche. Arrive early or don't get a parking spot.
worn
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 3 2024, 03:30 PM) *

This Sunday is cars & Coffee at Bellevue Porsche. Arrive early or don't get a parking spot.

Hope to have a 914 in WA after WCR. A garage is being built solely for that purpose, and I am running down potential improvements to get the 3.2 over dere. Need cheese?
PanelBilly
QUOTE(worn @ Jun 3 2024, 03:49 PM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 3 2024, 03:30 PM) *

Hope to have a 914 in WA after WCR. A garage is being built solely for that purpose, and I am running down potential improvements to get the 3.2 over dere. Need cheese?

smile.gif
rhodyguy
Dan, still maintaining the property on the island? Being at the mercy of the Ferry system and costs to ride the boats would suck. Wait til the hybrid ferries start coming on line. Ride costs will be excessive. Wait times to get get on and off island were bad enough 40 years ago.
sportlicherFahrer
If anyone is looking for something to do Sunday, the PNWR is doing their Porsche day at Black Raven. Usually 100+ cars throughout the event.

15902 Redmond-Woodinville NE Woodinville, WA 98072 Rd

Noon-3

There will be a couple food trucks on site and live T-shirt printing as well.

IPB Image

A couple years ago:
IPB Image
Root_Werks
Going to try to make this one. Blew the dust off the six and drove it around last weekend. Would be nice to get a little more drive time and maybe see some other teeners.
Root_Werks
Michelle and I attended the event. Got to meet Billy in person. 4 914's in total, few long nose 911's, one LWB 912.

Fun time.
eddie914
Dan, Billy, Jim ... Wish I could have been there ... it would have been just like the "Good Old Days" ... now I am older than the days!

Cheers,

Eddie 914
PanelBilly
It was a great day. First c&c at Bellevue Porsche and then beer at Black Raven. On the drive home I ran out of gas in Factoria. Right in the middle of all the detoured cars from 405.
Nice guy in a truck pulled in front of me and gave me a tow to a gas station a few hundred feet up the road. Guess now I know that when the needle almost touches the red line, its too late!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.