Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
NORD

Who wants to try this Saturday for Mt. Baker? The forcast calls for

AM clouds clearing to Sun and high 77.

Breakfast at my house 9:14. chowtime.gif

All cars and bikes are welcome driving.gif Let me know.
RRietman
I'm in. Sunday is no good for me. sat works.
Randy
70 914
shit I jst got a job and may hav a mandatory sat! shitpissfuk
KELTY360
I can't make it. Too bad, looks like it's going to be a nice day.
InkyP
Sorry to change the subject but I am looking for a muffler hanger for at 74 1.8. I want to pull my engine this weekend and it needs to be replaced.

Back to the regularly scheduled discussion. Oh sorry I can't make it gonna pull my engine.

Paul
NORD

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

Saturday September 24th Breakfast at 9:14 am at my house.

Probably roll out about 10:30 for Mt. Baker. Not going to RAIN.

291 Ten Mile Rd. Lynden, WA 98264 cell # (360) 961 0593

Pancakes, Sausage, Eggs w/coffee and juice chowtime.gif

Don't have a 914 running? OK, run what you brung.

Let me know, call or post here.
messix
QUOTE(NORD @ Sep 22 2011, 02:06 PM) *

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

Saturday September 24th Breakfast at 9:14 am at my house.

Probably roll out about 10:30 for Mt. Baker. Not going to RAIN.

291 Ten Mile Rd. Lynden, WA 98264 cell # (360) 961 0593

Pancakes, Sausage, Eggs w/coffee and juice chowtime.gif

Don't have a 914 running? OK, run what you brung.

Let me know, call or post here.

9am soccer game for the daughter.
PanelBilly
I need to be at work Saturday morning too.
aircooledtechguy
If a car I'm working on is not ready for pick-up down in Monroe Saturday AM, I'll be at your place w/ my daughter. It all depends on if the car is ready for pick-up or not. I'll call ya tonight and let you know for sure either way.
effutuo101
Rich hard at work...wow, this car is going to have ba-dunke-dunk
effutuo101
ba-dunk
Root_Werks
Fenders!

Good progress guys.

welder.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Sep 26 2011, 07:53 AM) *

ba-dunk

Sorry I wasn't able to help sad.gif
messix
that would be "ba donk a donk"
effutuo101
@ Dan. When will we get to see you next?
@Troy. Talk to my wife. that is what she called it.
@ Jon, no worries, there will be primer and undercoating to come...

biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Sep 26 2011, 02:43 PM) *

biggrin.gif

aktion035.gif
messix

biggrin.gif

You really don't want me corupting your sweet pure wife do you? shades.gif
Eddie914
Sorry I could not make the Mt. Baker Drive.

I was coaxed into driving this road down by Goldendale Washington ...

Click to view attachment

I think I posted a time similar to a 911 GT3 RS ...

I wish I had some AX tires instead of old crusty street tires!

Cheers

Eddie

effutuo101
QUOTE(messix @ Sep 26 2011, 03:28 PM) *

biggrin.gif

You really don't want me corupting your sweet pure wife do you? shades.gif

LOL! I think you would run away screaming like a little girl.
bootyshake.gif
NORD

Eddie was that the Maryhill hillclimb? driving.gif
Eddie914
Yes,

MaryHill Hill Climb with the NHA (Northwest Hill Climb Association). It was the first time NHA has run at MaryHill.

It is a private road. About two miles long.

It would be a great place for a 914 event!

Fresh asphalt, hot weather, and the smell of burnt rubber!

Root_Werks

biggrin.gif

Chris, I gotta make it over to Rich's sometime. Watch you guys tinker around on your 914, you know, supervise.

biggrin.gif beer.gif

Just because I don't currently have a 914 doesn't mean I cannot still annoy you local guys. slap.gif Troy included slap.gif
Ductech
QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Sep 27 2011, 08:53 AM) *

Yes,

MaryHill Hill Climb with the NHA (Northwest Hill Climb Association). It was the first time NHA has run at MaryHill.

It is a private road. About two miles long.

It would be a great place for a 914 event!

Fresh asphalt, hot weather, and the smell of burnt rubber!

To be totally honest we should organize a 914 fuck off time trial and rent the road for a weekend. just imagine how fun it could be!
Eddie914
I believe the road rental is $1000 per day and $500 refundable cleaning deposit. I understand insurance may be required if the event is a timed event.

The NHA event was timed. There was a tow truck on site but no emergency medical.

A lot of different groups rent the road. Some go up ... cars and motorcycles. Some go down ... Long Board and Street Luge riders.

Ductech
I for one would work hard to get my car turbo'ed and prepped to do it. the question is how do we insure a huge group of "excited" NARP owners. We could host a mid engined 914 world time trial event. Allow anything with a motor in the middle. Either way that is a killer road and I would just plain love to go up or down it in my car or Duc.
NORD

Eddie

Tell me if I'm wrong but the NHA requires roll bars and

fire suits for the cars to participate don't they?

Some Clubs require a racing or rally drivers license also?

driving.gif
PanelBilly
Help, I'm looking for a lug nut wrench and a tool bag for the Creamsickle. It dawned on me last night that I didn't have one for the car. Anybody have one in their collection that they can part with?
Eddie914
Nord,

Looks like no roll bars (for the 914) or fire suits are needed:

3.1 All entrant cars must have a shoulder harness or straps
3.2 Roll bars or roll cages are required in all open cars. Integrated roll bars (i.e. Corvette, Porsche) are acceptable. Roll bars/roll cages are required in Super Production. Roll bars/roll cages must be constructed to 1975 or later GCR rules. Inflated or popup roll bars are not permitted. The roll bar must be above the drivers’ helmet, and be adequately braced. It must pass tech inspection.
3.3 Fire extinguishers, or fire systems, are mandatory in all cars. A minimum of 5BC rating required. Extinguisher, or system activator, must be located within easy reach of driver and/or safety officials (forward of front seat in all stock, production or super production type cars).
3.3.1 Extinguishers must be securely mounted with metal brackets.
3.3.2 All extinguishers, except Halon, must be professionally inspected and tagged, within 13 months of event date.
3.3.3 Tech inspectors will remove portable extinguishers from brackets, visually check pressure and turn upside down to loose extinguishing agent.
3.4 Entrants will wear long sleeve shirts and long pants made of cotton or Nomex while driving. Nomex suits are highly recommended.
3.4.1 Shoes are required.
3.4.2 Helmets will comply with current NHA Solo II Rules.
Bruce Hinds
Here's the ride in the 996 GT3... hang on!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHyGi2QS7SI...feature=related
PeeGreen 914
icon8.gif

Can't believe they allowed someone holding a camera. Generally they must be mounted.

I would love to go drive that event sometime.
Eddie914
I think the 996 GT3 video was from an Audi Club Event that was kind of a "fun run". The NHA people seem to be a bit more hardcore.

I'll get some video. I used my buddy's GoPro for the first time.

It's a lot of fun ... not too fast ... mostly 3rd gear ... 2nd gear for the hairpins ... maybe 100mph before the green gate (I had to shift into 4th).

I was slipping and sliding on my old Bridgestone SO-3 street tires.

There are some VERY fast cars in the WHA ... how about an HCP Locust with a 500HP LS2 with HUGE wings that weighs in at less than 2000lbs. It clocked in below two minutes. It looks like the 996 GT3 in the video ran about a 2:20
Ductech
That Utube clip reminds me of doing windy ridge near mount St. Helens, on my Ducati 996.

Lots of turns!
Daiberl
Jerry Mahoney is bringing the 911 back on Sunday morning, he painted the car in his shop, he plans to be at my house in Lake Froest Park around 9:30 AM. Thought it's a good opportunity to get some teeners together for an early coffee and a chat, maybe we can even start to get the car back together smile.gif So everybody who wants to stop by in the morning is welcome, address is
19491 45th Ave NE
Lake Forest Park, WA 98155
I can offer coffee and if I know that people are planning to come I can get some toast or Croissants.

- Juergen
PanelBilly
I want to be there. Will check the schedule and confirm
rhodyguy
i may make this one. jerry, if you want to stop by my house for a pitstop (you'll be within 5 miles or less of my place on the way there) follow me up and i'll show you the easiest route.

k
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 13 2011, 08:19 AM) *

i may make this one. jerry, if you want to stop by my house for a pitstop (you'll be within 5 miles or less of my place on the way there) follow me up and i'll show you the easiest route.

k

Hey Kevin,

That sounds good to me if you know a better way than going up 5. I could be at your place about 8:30. Give me a call Saturday eve. 360-577-9171

Jerry
KELTY360
QUOTE(jmmotorsports @ Oct 13 2011, 10:39 AM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 13 2011, 08:19 AM) *

k

Hey Kevin,

That sounds good to me if you know a better way than going up 5. I could be at your place about 8:30. Give me a call Saturday eve. 360-577-9171

Jerry

I-5 and off at 205th St is definitely the way to go.

I'm going to try to make it but it will be later. There's a VW meet at XXX that morning.
Daiberl
Good, I will get something for breakfast in the morning (Croissants, Toast, Muffins) and I have plenty of coffee. Weather forecast is partly cloudy, no rain.

- Juergen
PanelBilly
I have a grog from Groege Town Brewery I can bring. Not exactly breakfast food but mabe later in the morning.
rhodyguy
520 closing, people avoiding the viaduct, who knows what else will be going on in seattle. i listen to KOMO and make the dessision 405 vs I-5 prior to the 167/405 junction. i'll call sat evening jerry.

k
PanelBilly
Bump for my friend who has been once again lured toward the darkside by the taildragger beast
914werke
Hey Nate time to do some fabricating on that SUPER SQUARE-BACK!
BTW got those rings Thx beerchug.gif

and yes that is a 76 under the tarp that I hope to have completely chopped up by end of today so if you need a piece LMK!

Click to view attachment
914werke
idea.gif Oh and Chris when are we gonna see some pics of that big wide ASS biggrin.gif
effutuo101
a couple of quick pictures
effutuo101
almost all body prep is done. Pending doors and fitment. Then paint.
NORD

Your not going to put a Radiator in that car are you? sawzall-smiley.gif

Won't it rust?
effutuo101
tee hee. yep. It should be warm, cozy and most importantly...reliable.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Nov 4 2011, 07:32 AM) *

Hey Nate time to do some fabricating on that SUPER SQUARE-BACK!
BTW got those rings Thx beerchug.gif

and yes that is a 76 under the tarp that I hope to have completely chopped up by end of today so if you need a piece LMK!

Click to view attachment

Oh MAN!! Got the bottle on the welder re-charged. . . Time to spark up the sawzall-smiley.gif and welder.gif shades.gif

The rear suspension section is now converted to 914 rear brakes aktion035.gif and the front tranny mount is mocked up for the 5-speed driving.gif happy11.gif
914werke
Another one bites the dust....

Click to view attachment

a 76 that gave its all to help keep others on the road
914werke
Ya I know, that'll buff right out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.